Monday, October 14, 2013

3 Months Old!

It's official, we can now stop measuring his age in weeks and just refer to him in months. He hasn't been formally weighed in a while but he's definitely over 15 pounds. This was a big month for us since Forrests's Yeye and Nainai (grandparents) arrived and I went back to work. It's an adjustment for sure, and pretty overwhelming at times, but we're lucky to have all the help at home and logistically things are going fine. The worst thing at this point is his sleeping - I had hoped he would at least be trending in the right direction, sleeping longer stretches at a time, but no in fact he's waking up more than ever. So yeah, nights are pretty fun for me, and you can imagine I'm totally on the ball at work. But, Forrest can also see much farther now - he'll smile at Nainai from across the room - and he's starting to play with toys which is good because it gives us another tool to use to distract him from crying. He's definitely getting more fun, I just wish I had more time and more brain cells to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Nabia said...

Such a cutie! He's getting so big. I can't wait to meet him soon.